Sarah and I were talking the other day and she mentioned I should start a blog called "adventures in awkwardness" where I told stories about the crazy awkward situations I tend to find myself in... while an amusing idea at the time, that's not what I intend for this blog...
a radio station once asked its listeners what one item would they not want found when they die and for the longest time my answer was my journals... I couldn't bear the thought of someone reading my personal thoughts and opinions without me there to protect them and myself. Then I realized that I would want them found... I figured, since I am normally quiet, how else would they be able to know me?
I've started this blog as a way of letting those I am closest to into my life, if you're reading this you are among a select few that I trust to try to be open and honest with. (for the most part, we all need to keep some secrets to ourselves ;)
so that's it, check in as often as you like and I'll try to keep this thing updated, not for you guys, but for me. I needed a place to blog, I just decided to include you guys in it. Feel free to read, leave comments, laugh, or totally ignore all of this =oP
(the story behind adventures in awkwardness...
I tend to an 89 year old lady out on Tybee named Essie and I've been roped into taking her to church a couple of times... the first time I figured I would give it a try but then found that I wasn't really comfortable with the situation and so planned to not go again. As fate would have it another Sunday opportunity came and I got roped in to not only the church service but pre-service adult Sunday school as well... it was awkward to say the least... everyone is friendly, but very Christian and I'm not in a position in my life where southern Baptist pratices are easy to stomach. Anyway... after the service as I am helping her out of the church one of the only guys my age stops us and awkwardly starts talking to me about how he noticed I've been here a couple of times and how I sit near the youth and did I know that there is a youth group there wednesday nights? and then he paused and asked me how old I was... the conversation ended abruptly after he found out I was twenty five... he said nothing more and just stood there awkwardly while Essie grew impatient on my arm and started walking us (her and I) away. I shared this story with Sarah and Siobhan who were anxious to hear how my day at church had been and from this beginning came Sarah's suggestion)
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for having me here. good story
Post a Comment