Sunday, October 28, 2007

post secret

As stated on their website: "PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard."



I don't know why I'm so fascinated by these postcards...

One statement on today's weekly posting told a story of someone who had left their post secret book in a classroom overnight only to return the next day not to find it missing but to find it with a note in it that said something like, thank you for leaving this book behind, it changed my life.
It's amazing the impact that this simple idea this guy had is making on people. I guess that is what fascinates me about it. That and just having the opportunity to read these intimate details about a person's life...
A lot of them, like the two above strike a chord in me... some I relate to and some just cause a pause to ponder human nature and emotion. I guess I like the site because it makes me think... about what makes us individuals, about what makes us human.

(more postcards to come)

No comments: